Thursday, May 24, 2012

Maybe Crazy Thoughts

I think that the thing that frustrates me about other people wasting my time is that it really boils down to feeling like they don't value me as a person.

My time is worth as much as anyone else's.  I am worth something.  My opinions, though they may not change the world, matter.  Because they are mine.  I don't just not exist.  I don't not matter.

I was lately teaching a Bible Study to Middle School aged girls and one of the central themes was where do we draw our value.  That we have to understand that our value comes from God and that we are all worth the life of His Son/part of himself to God.  That we have to realize that and not let other people treat us like junk.  That we have to realize that and not treat other people like junk.

I think there is a real danger for certain personality types to allow themselves to be walked on and think it's okay because Christians are called to be meek and kind and helpful and all good and nice things.  This is true.  BUT, we need to realize that because God loves us, and because we are His children, it really isn't okay to let people around us treat us like we don't matter.  It absolutely isn't okay to tell ourselves that we don't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment